Explore Oman’s wild side on this adventure holiday covering the country’s Mountains, Wadis and wide open desert plains.
Wadis (Valleys) and mountains in Oman form a unique environmental system characterized by variety, diversity, and a wealth of natural attractions. Within this fertile environment, people have lived in the Wadis (valleys) of Oman for thousands of years. Be prepared for the excitement of Snake Gorge, swimming at Wadis. Here are best Wadis in Oman to visit:
1. Wadi Shab in which is located in a place called Tiwi
2. Wadi Bani Khalid has large pools of green water surrounded by palm trees
3. Wadi Al Arbaeen is blessed with flora such as banana trees, and lemon trees.
4. Wadi Al Hawqayn in Rustaq
5. Wadi Bani Awf has a large bounders, and small waterfalls
6. Wadi Mistal offers spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and Wakan villages.
7. Wadi Dayqah Dam is the biggest dam of Sultanate of Oman. It is located in the wilayat of Qurriyat
Arabian Tales Tours offers you to do desert camping trips. The desert in Oman has an extension of the Bedouin lifestyle with its ancient associations of traditional culture and authentic original customs. The Omani desert is characterized by the diversity of its plants and animals. Wahiba Sands in Badiyah is a beautiful oasis located at the entrance of A’Sharqiyah Sands. It is considered a starting point to explore the depths of the sand and enter into a world full of excitement and vitality. In Jeddah Al Harasis in Wilayat Hima AlWasta Governorate (the Central Region), there are many mammals within the boundaries of the Arabian Oryx Sanctuary. Experience the Bedouin live, and take a safari tours across dunes, or pick your own desert safari trips.
The mountains of Oman are true natural beauties that occupy major environmental spaces that stretch from the Northern parts of Oman all the way to the South. Here are best mountains in Oman to visit:
1. Jebel Shams (Grand canynon)
Jabal Shams (Sun Mountain) summit is the highest point in Oman , rising at an altitude of 3,009 metres above sea level.
2. Jebel Akhdar, also known as the Green Mountain
3. Jebel Samhan in Dhofar’s is the most popular touristic destination, especially during the khareef monsoon season